Friday 17 October 2014

Getting on

As a re-cap, over 7 years ago I was in an industrial accident.  The recovery period was over a year, and I focussed a lot of my energy in fighting against the results of the accident.

When you are in a physio program this is very helpful in keeping you motivated and centered on a target.  The closer you get to recovery, the more you focus on being as strong, flexible and pain free as you were before the accident.  I succeeded in being pain free, but not in being as strong or a flexible, and this has become a bit of a challenge.  I have long accepted the new limitaions in terms of what I should not do, running and jumping result in pain.   But I recently came to a realization that fighting against my injury is no longer what I am doing.  I am now fighting against the changes in my body and the weaknesses brought on, instead of finding the strengths that remain.

The accident re-set my priorities in a big way, and I began to see that traveling was a direction I wanted to go in.  The people in my life have allowed me to go in this direction, and I am grateful to them all because of it.

I think the next step is to get stronger within the body I am stuck with and also find a way to generate a little income at the same time.

This is just a few random thought for now, and a few pictures from San Pedro will be posted soon-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment