Monday 23 February 2015

Machu Picchu

This is going to be a little more whimsical than usual.

There are many things about the ancient site which are amazing, and the most amazing is the fact that it was built at all.  It is a four day trek from the nearest settlement and is perched on a mountaintop.

Humans are a curious bunch, and I can easily see a hunter or explorer finding the place.  But then whatever possessed them to actually build a city there.  Was it something along the of 'Cousin Bob is always asking to borrow my mattock.  If I move here, the lazy bastard will not come this far to borrow it.'. Or was it more for the view?

Anyway I see the place slowly grow into a hamlet or small town.  Then one day the king says 'I need to get away for a little bit.'

And Cousin Bob then says 'Hey, my cousin Tom has a place Nobody else goes near'

And the next thing Tom knows his hideaway is now a Royal Getaway.

Damn Royals.





Cousin Bob

And wouldn't you love to be the guy putting in the lowest level of terracing while Cousin Bob held the rope?














No comments:

Post a Comment