Saturday 14 November 2015

My struggle.

There are times I really struggle with communication.

How do you talk to people who think that the only way to communicate to the world is through terrorism?

That violence shows you are right?

That might is right?

There is such a disconnect in my mind about this.

I do remember being a teenage kid, wanting to use force to get my way and knowing that I would be beaten up for my trouble.  We rage against the walls that law, church and family put around us to want the world to just be the way that we believe it should be.  That point when the world needs to revolve around our own wants only.  And I also knew deep down that I was being unfair to the rest of the world.

It has been a long time since I talked directly with anyone who felt that using violence strengthened their political/religious place in the world.

I would love to be able to hold a mirror up to them, and ask what it is that they see?

If you would rather die than change, and would rather kill than lead, what are you trying to do?

If no force in the world can change your mind and attitude, why do you think that others should join your side?

My attitude is this, if your way is truly superior, if your way leads to a better life and prosperity, then all you have to do is live it and you will win.  Forcing anyone to your way shows that it is inferior.  Showing them how happy you and your friends and family are, how grand life can be, is the ultimate way to 'win'.

I have long held the personal belief that in politics, religion, and lifestyle, whoever initiates violence has lost, no matter the words spoken or who is left standing.

There are many other thoughts tangled up in my mind, wanting to shout and yell and scream.  And cry.  We can be better.

We desperately need to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment