Wednesday 2 November 2016

On the Road Again

I have not written on the blog in quite some time.

I spent a lot of the summer in Canada not doing much, merely hanging out with various friends and family.  It was very fine, but also felt a little bit like I was wasting my time, waiting for the traveling to start again.

I flew from Saskatoon to Lima Peru and then from Lima to Trujillo, and sat on my butt in trujillo not doing much.

So, it is time to get moving a little again, and time to post a few pictures, first from around Trujillo, then tomorrow a few from Chan Chan, a set of ruins just outside of Trujillo.

First up, a couple pictures from Plaza De Armas, the central public square of Trujillo.

The traffic through the square is quite busy, and one of the roads leading East-ish from the square is closed to vehicle traffic and is lined with small and medium sized shops.






My local guide on the walking tour of Trujillo also lead me to the university, the gate most used by the student is the following one, it was hard to get a decent shot and thus the two pictures.




And last up are a few pictures from the mosaic that goes around at least two sides of the university, a distance according to the guide of over two kilometers.  What is likely the largest mosaic in the Americas.







No comments:

Post a Comment