Friday 31 August 2018

Long Time no Post

A lot has happened since my last post, mostly from time passing.

Bolivia was a lot of fun, and hopefully I will be going back soon.  Cochabamba is a great city to pass the winter in, and Santa Cruz De La Sierra puts enough warmth into your bones to last a good long time.

Back in Canada, I idled my way through spring, managed to make my way to Whitehorse and then spent a busy spring and early summer going to the SCA events and doing a lot of cooking for friends.

I managed to crash my bike, not much happened to the bike, but the trailer was totalled.  I was driving on a secondary highway in Alberta, at the small town of Coronation and thought the highway went straight north there, but it jogged about a mile to the west.  Heading north on the road it was fine until at the crest of a hill it went from pavement to gravel.  Wet gravel at that.  I slowed down before I hit the gravel, but was still going too fast when I hit a loose section of the road and over I went.

That was the bad part of my summer.  Everything else has been fine and yesterday I got to watch my daughter get married.  A great day which started off cloudy, but cleared off and stayed nice without getting too hot for their backyard ceremony in Vancouver.


I hope to post on a more frequent basis in the coming months.

Take care, and travel well.

No comments:

Post a Comment