Tuesday 11 February 2014

All good things must come to an end

Kind of an ominous title to this post, considering the actual content.
In about 2002, I received a bookbag from work.  Of all the gifts/freebies from work, this one item has worked the hardest.  I have used it as a lunch bag, carry all and notebook carrier.  The many many pockets, the interior dividers have all meant both joy and pain.  The joy of being able to separate items into discrete compartments, the pain of searching through them all when I forgot exactly which one it was in.
But, as the title hints, not everything lasts forever.  The zipper on the main compartment has been giving me trouble, and popped open at an un-opportune time.  I went shopping in downtown Panama City, and found a replacement.

 In the 'They just don't make them like they used to' news, my North Face carry on soft sided luggage is still doing fine.  I bought it in 1981, and it has made it to Europe 3 more times than I have.  It is starting to show it's age, but is still my go to piece of luggage.  And no, they do not make them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment