Wednesday 2 April 2014

Florida - 2014

Ah.  All good things must come to an end.  I have greatly enjoyed my stay with Marina and Francis, but the time has come to roll along.  They have put up with my presence for nearly a month, allowing me to wait for the weather to heat up so that driving and camping my way back to Canada will be more pleasant.
Very little was asked of me during the stay, but I did do a nice supper for them and Francis' bowling friends, warm brie, white lasagna, tabuli, fresh fruit with warm caramel.
 
While here I did not do very much, I attended a couple of the events for Daytona Bike Week, which were packed with bikers, and I even noticed a few others from Canada.  The guy I talked to from Red Deer AB, like me had driven down in the fall.  There were a lot of bikers from the northern states who trailered their bikes down, not having the time to do it when the weather was warm.

I also went to the SCA event, Gulf Wars, which was on at the same time as Bike Week.  And, although Bike Week was nice, Gulf Wars was far more fun.  I found it easier to break the ice with the SCA people than with the bikers, as well as there being a far better female to male ratio.
My trailer allowed a small amount of water in, and mold was on a lot of my stuff.  Cleaning it and washing everything down took the better part of two days, and luckily one item was damaged beyond recovery, a sleeping bag.

Now the road calls once again, and I am off to see what a SCA event,  Coronation in Gleann Abhann is like.  I have attended many in Tir Righ ans Antir, time to spot the differences.

Pictures of the event to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment