Monday 19 May 2014

1 year

It has been one year now.

I have done a lot in that year, but not too much.  My limited budget means I have paced myself, spending time where I can live inexpensively, and moving on through places where the cost of living is high.

My major goal for the previous twelve months was to see a lot of Central America, and that has been accomplished.  All the countries I visited had both positive and negative things about them, and going through my blog will give you an over sight of them.  I did spend a lot of time at Lake Atitlan in Guatemala.  It featured a nice combination of cost, climate, food and people.  The climate was very kind to this Canadian, never too hot, and at times verging on cool.  With the number of villages and towns around the lake, it is easy to find a place you like and style of accommodation that fits your budget.

I cannot say I have become addicted to travel, but it is something I still enjoy, and am eager to see even more.  I am slowly getting rid of more items, things I have found I do not use, and trying to get rid of enough so that a chair will fit into my trailer.  I have almost made this goal, but the closer I get to it, the more I ask myself if I really need a chair along with.

The next travel goal outside of Canada is South America.  This means improving my very bad Spanish, and deciding where to start.  So far the winner is Bogata, but Lima is running  close second.

1 comment:

  1. My vote is for Lima, and I'll join you for a tour of the weaving and drop spindle techniques. :-)

    ReplyDelete