Tuesday 1 October 2013

Tuscon and Gila National Forest

Violente, Zippy and Lindsay were excellent hosts in Tuscon.  With only a 2 minute walk to a supermarket, I made linguini, with a modified pesto, broccoli with asiago and balsamic creme, and followed by small peices of toast with more balsamic creme, deep fried garlic chips and more asiago.  Fast internet and great conversations.  A very nice place to crash.

Trying to see the Hopi Cliff Dwellings in the Gila National Forest was a bust.  Nice winding drive, up hill, twisty followed by downhill twisty with a few  nice views and very little traffic, but due to the shut down of federal services, there was no access to the monument/dwellings.  I was a day late I guess.  It goes back on the bucket list for next time I am in this area.
As I still have not transferred the photos from the camera, that will have to wait for El Paso.
Gila National Forest


No comments:

Post a Comment